Five fun things to do with kids in Daylesford
We all know Daylesford is a great city for girls’ weekends and weddings, but it's also an ideal spot for families and kids.
Whether you have a curious toddler, an adventurous five-year-old or a bored teenager, there are plenty of activities to keep the little ones entertained, and many of them are free or low-cost. Here are five fun things to do in Daylesford with kids.
1. Take a stroll around Lake Daylesford. Bring a picnic or have a BBQ, Lake Daylesford is a beautiful spot and has a small playground, toilet and BBQs. It's designed for families and has easy access and parking, plus it's free - just be aware it can get busy on weekends.
2. Try the Mineral Water Pumps in Hepburn Springs Reserve. Teach the kids about the magic of Mother Nature at the Hepburn Mineral Springs. Let them try their luck and pump some mineral water. Plus, there's a playground and BBQ facilities.
3. Explore the Wombat Hill Botanic Gardens. Get outdoors and explore the many trails or watch the sunset on the hill. If you're looking for a bit of refreshment, there's the Wombat Hill Cafe which is ideal for young families.
4. Visit Daylesford Trading Co. If you're looking for something to keep the kids amused on the drive home, Daylesford Trading Co. is the place to go. With lots of toys, treats, games and lollies, there's lots to keep them entertained. They'll love the lollipops, Sovereign Hill Boiled lollies, kids books and so much more.
5. Check out the Daylesford Sunday Markets. Every Sunday, the Daylesford Sunday Markets are open and offer lots of activities for kids, including live animals and snacks. Take the kids and explore together!